Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two online resources for private practitioners

So, as I said in my last post, a pretty good week overall. One more positive: I found a couple of good on-line resources that I'm surprised I didn't uncover before.

  • First: Private Practice Blogs, which is basically an aggregator of other blogs on private practice. I haven't had time to check out the blogs they link to, but request that this blog be listed there!
  • Second: Private Practice from the Inside Out. Wow: A treasure trove of articles about the nuts and bolts of a private practice. I haven't had the time or energy to read much there, but I can tell that I'll be making a lot of use of Tamara Suttle's know-how.
  • Third: Mental Health Pros Lots of tips for private practice.
I will note, though, that as far as I can tell these blogs and sites don't focus specifically on the challenges of starting from scratch (I've found this to be the case with many of the books I've check out.) I'm sure if perused the archives I would find some good info on that. For instance, Tamara Suttle has a number of posts on insurance, preferred providers, etc., but I still wonder if as a LICSW-Associate (i.e. pre-full licensure) there is any way to accept insurance. My gut feeling is that the answer is 'no', but I'd like to know for sure. Maybe I'll ask her when I get the chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment